About Richard J D’Souza
I am an experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist and Stress Management Consultant. My practice in therapy is based on the strong belief that we have the potential to transform our experience. This can be achieved by using the inner resources within our minds. Hypnotherapy is an effective method that can help access these resources and empower the individual to achieve their full potential.
Before training as a hypnotherapist, my career was in the health and fitness industry, teaching and coaching. My work has brought me into contact with people of varying backgrounds who have often sought motivation from very challenging situations. Being effective in this role has meant listening without judgment and observing with an open mind. It has also meant communicating at an appropriate level that maintains a respectful relationship and directs the individual to achievement of their next goal.
I recognise the important role that physical health plays within our lives. But a vital part of how we direct our lifestyles is based on our beliefs, values and emotions, shaped by positive and negative past experiences. My training as a hypnotherapist has helped me recognise how anxiety, stress, depression, low self-confidence and low self-esteem can inhibit the development of our emotional health and well-being. It has also equipped me with therapeutic tools that can encourage growth and positive change.
I am a registered hypnotherapist with The Hypnotherapy Association and a senior registered practitioner with The General Hypnotherapy Register. I have been in successful practice since 1997 and have worked with The DTR Clinic, The Heath Hospital and local companies such as Companies House. As a qualified teacher, I teach complementary therapies in adult education. I maintain registration requirements for continuous professional development, I am CRB checked and fully insured.
My approach considers that you already have the answers and solutions that you need. My role is to re-connect you with those inner resources. My style is relaxed and informal, using analysis techniques that help you to stay in control throughout the consultation. Elements of CBT, NLP, Solution focused brief therapy (SFBT) and Coaching are incorporated into each individualised therapy program. I commonly treat patients struggling with anxiety, panic, stress and depression. Problems with relationships, weight, smoking, drinking and other habits are treated with the emotional issues that go with them. Low-self esteem and self-confidence are treated as fundamental development points for your well-being.
I welcome the opportunity to work with you to:
- Manage your stress and weight loss issues
- Stop Smoking
- Overcome your anxiety, fears and phobias
- Conquer depression, panic attacks and self-doubts
- Break unwanted habits, obsessions and compulsions
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Improve relationships
- Help your child with their habits, anxiety and confidence issues
If you would like to discuss your issues in more detail, you can contact me by email. I also welcome a brief chat on the phone or in person to answer any questions that you may have for me. It will also help you decide whether I am the right therapist for you.
All sessions are professional, private and strictly confidential.
- B.A. (Hons.) Sports Studies
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
I qualified with a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy in South Wales in 1997. As a member of several professional associations, I am bound by a strict code of conduct and ethics.
I am a member of the following Associations and organizations:
- The General Hypnotherapy Register (G.H.R.) (http://www.general-hypnotherapy-register.com)
- He holds a Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practise (S.Q.H.P.) http://www.general-hypnotherapy-register.com/Info%20for%20Members/gqhp.htm
- The Hypnotherapy Association (H.A.) (http://www.thehypnotherapyassociation.co.uk)
- The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (G.H.S.C.) (http://www.ghsc.co.uk)
- The Central Register of Stop Smoking Therapists (C.R.S.S.T.) http://www.crsst.com/Central%20Register%20of%20Smoking%20Cessation%20Cardiff.htm
- Anxiety UK (http://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/)
- Professional indemnity Insurance (M.I.P.T.I.) (http://www.iptiuk.com/about.html)
- Listed on the Hypnotherapist Register (http://www.hypnotherapistregister.com/)
- Registered NHS and BUPA service provider.
- CRB checked.
I offer specialist hypnotherapy for several conditions listed including:
- Stress management
- Allergies and skin conditions
- Pain management
- Performance enhancement
- Phobias, panic attacks and anxiety states
- PMS and menopausal symptoms
- Childbirth coaching
- Weight management,
- Working with children and adolescents
- Smoking cessation